I LOVE celebrating Cinco de Mayo because Mexican food is my favorite. I planned a fiesta themed wedding shower for Bryan and Weezie.
|(This is just Betty Crocker yellow cake mix & cupcake icing. I added the lime to make it look festive.)|
Here are the recipes...
2 pounds of ground beef
2 packets of taco seasoning
2 packets of ranch dressing
1 onion (chopped)
2 cans of corn
2 cans of black beans
2 cans of kidney beans/pinto beans or chili beans
2 cans of diced stewed tomatoes
2 cans of rotel
1. Brown the beef with the onion and drain it.
2. Put the cooked beef, 1 1/2 cups of water, taco seasoning and dry ranch dressing into a large pot.
3. Bring to a boil, then let it simmer on low for 5 minutes.
4. While you're waiting, open all of the canned vegtables.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook on low for 15-20 minutes.
Cut the recipe in half to make a smaller batch. Also, this stuff freezes really well.
(I expected the salsa to be red...but it turned out green. I figured I did something wrong because the salsa at Jalapenos is red, but it still tasted delicious!)
1 cup of cilantro
1 can of sliced mild jalapenos
1. Cut the tomatoes into chucks and throw them in a blender.
2. Add the cilantro.
3. Pour in the jalapeno juice.
4. Throw in 5 or 6 jalapenos.
5. Blend well.
(this makes approximately 1 gallon)
3 cans of frozen limemade
3 cans of Corona Light beer
2 liter Sprite
24 ounces of tequila
1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Add ice or blend in a blender with ice.
TISSUE PAPER BALL DECORATIONS
10 sheets of tissue paper for each ball ($0.99 at Hobby Lobby)
1. Leave the 10 sheets together and fold them like an accordion.
2. Wrap floral wire around the center.
3. String fishing line under the wire.
4. Pull the tissue paper apart (toward the center) and fluff the balls.
Fun in the sun with friends...